Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about custom peripheral in microblaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck_nandy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
do anybody have idea about custom periperal in microblaze.

if so passs some information

Re: microblaze

You have to make a OPB wrapper for making a custom peripheral which will communicate with microblaze. XPS has a tool for generating this wrapper. It will give you an interface for your peripheral.

hi
i hve generat a opb peripheral with help mannual.
i got the USER_LOGIC.VHDL
i dnt hve an idea of what to edit .

cn u help me

I have not really worked on any of such projects. But to my understanding, you can create your own peripheral using the interface (port-map) provided by the OPB wrapper. You will get clock, din, dout, address etc. signals in that wrapper. Your peripheral will occupy some memory spaces in the OPB address map. You can access your peripheral using the memory assigned to your peripheral from the C-code in microblaze.
If you are using microblaze and OPB wrapper for the first time, u can start with some LED blinking code in your peripheral. It will help you to understand the OPB wrapper and the interface. Once you are capable of establishing communication between microblaze and the peripheral using OPB bus, that too from C-code on microblaze, you can go ahead with more complex functionality in your peripheral.

Look for some sample project from Xilinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.