Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultrasonic transducer driver

Hi members,

Who knows itself with Ultrasonic Transducer units for Hunidifier?

I'm looking for some basics about this parts and driver circuits to make an Humidifier. The Transducers are working like an big crystal (i think so) at 1.6 - 1.7 MHz.

I'm happy to hear from you and thanks in advance.

Roscoe

ultrasonic humidifier schematic

Dear

Ultrasonic humidifiers use a piezo-electric transducer to create a high frequency mechanical oscillation in a body of water. The water tries to follow the high frequency oscillation but cannot because of its comparative weight and mass inertia. Thus, a momentary vacuum is created on the negative oscillation, causing the water to cavitate into vapor. The transducer follows this with a positive oscillation that creates high pressure compression waves on the water’s surface, releasing tiny vapor molecules of water into the air. This is an extremely fine mist, about one micron in diameter, that is quickly absorbed into the air flow.

Since the mist is created by oscillation, not heat, the water temperature need not be raised. Ultrasonic humidifiers, therefore, can create instantaneous humidity, and don’t have to wait for a heating element to boil the water. This precise on/off humidity control is the hallmark of ultrasonic humidifiers. In addition, unlike wet pad humidifiers, ultrasonic units can be of comparatively small size, and still produce significant amounts of vapor.

I found a schematic for measuring of distance with low components on below link

**broken link removed**

ultrasonic humidifier circuit

I suggest you to check the website of apexmicrotech which is a producer of transducer drivers. for example pa241 and pa98 are two candidates.

www.apexmicrotech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.