Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to extract a set of specified values in IE3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hi,everyone:
Now I am using IE3D for calculation of a microstrip antenna. The antenna is very simple, just consisting of infinite ground plane, substrate and rectangle radiator fed by coaxial!
What I need to deal with is to extract the values of current at a specified point on the radiator from the *.cur file in post-process of IE3D simulation.
I have checked the *.cur file, found the cur file including information of geometry, version, dielectric, and so on of other parameters. But I cannot determine the corresponing relationships between the values of current(including both real parts and imaginary parts) and geometry.

Who can tell me what I should do?
The below attached file is a cur type of one simulated by IE3D.

Football said:
hi,everyone:
Now I am using IE3D for calculation of a microstrip antenna. The antenna is very simple, just consisting of infinite ground plane, substrate and rectangle radiator fed by coaxial!
What I need to deal with is to extract the values of current at a specified point on the radiator from the *.cur file in post-process of IE3D simulation.
I have checked the *.cur file, found the cur file including information of geometry, version, dielectric, and so on of other parameters. But I cannot determine the corresponing relationships between the values of current(including both real parts and imaginary parts) and geometry.

Who can tell me what I should do?
The below attached file is a cur type of one simulated by IE3D.

Hi, Football!

It's not so straightforward but possible.
- open your .cur file in MGRID (or after simulation show current distribution). Note: .cur file has unknown structure
- File --> Save Current Density Data...
- it saves .ccd current file

.ccd file has pretty better structure, edit it and you will see:

No. Sel Nv V1 X Y Z ReJx ImJx ReJy ImJy ReJz ImJz V2 X Y Z ReJx ImJx ReJy ImJy ReJz ImJz V3 X Y Z ReJx ImJx ReJy ImJy ReJz ImJz V4 X Y Z ReJx ImJx ReJy ImJy ReJz ImJz

Now I recommend you to write script in matlab which extracts needed data

Hope it helps
Kind regards,

eirp

PS: I've deleted your previous very loooong post with numbers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back