Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

import ing CST file into altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altium designer usb jtag installation

I want to use ALtium for FPGA design,But I do not know how to program the CPLD/FPGA using altium?

when I finished design in ALTIUM ,how transfer it to hardware? Can I use Xilinx tools only?

I want to work with xilinx FPGA/CPLDs.

altium fpga

There's a bunch of help information included with Altium Designer regarding this subject.

I would suggest you look at "AP0103 Processing the Captured FPGA Design.pdf", "AP0112 Working with Xilinx Devices and Place and Route Tools.pdf",
and "AP0111 Programming a Xilinx Configuration Device on the Production Board.pdf"

nanoboard

Is it nesessary to have the nanoboard for programming xilinx fpga using altium?

Can I program xilinx cpld/fpga only using xilinx programmer/hardware?(without having nanoboard)

altium thirdpartyboards

You can use third party development boards with Altium Designer - you don't need the Nanoboard. You do need the Universal JTAG Adapter Board that they sell for around $99USD. Or you could try to make one yourself using the information provided in the Examples folder and the Help folder. The schematics and PCB layout are there.

Take a look at: **broken link removed**

fpga with altium

Can I use USB JTAG from xilinx (as hardware) with Altium software for xilinx cpld/fpga programming?

altium fpga pdf

As I understand it, Altium has a universal USB adapter they expect to release soon for Altium Designer. Until then, you can't use third party USB JTAG hardware with AD. You would have to design something on your own.

altium fpga design

Hi House_Cat
This link does not work :
**broken link removed**

please help ....

Re: Altium FPGA design

Hi
Very Thanks to House_Cat for Links
But ......
There is only "Universal JTAG Interface Project (Schematic and PCB) " in this link.
So,Universal JTAG Adapter ?
Universal JTAG Adapter Board that they sell for around $99USD
is Universal JTAG Interface the same as Universal JTAG Adapter ?
please explain .....
There is a PCB project in Altium examples folder(Universal JTAG Interface Rev 1.11)
is there "Universal JTAG Adapter" in Altium examples folder ? (I use Altium Designer 6.8 and there isnt it ... )

Re: Altium FPGA design

The JTAG interface in your Examples folder is a parallel port interface/adapter that allows you to connect between the parallel port on your computer and the JTAG connector on your third-party hardware.

The USB adapter is an interface between the USB port on your computer and the Nanoboard or JTAG connector on your third-party hardware.

There are simple directions on using the USB adapter at: **broken link removed**.

No, there is no project file for the JTAG adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back