Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of the scattering matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirav1983

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am looking for a good explanation for Scattering Matrix....cant seem to get the hang of it from Sameul Liao.

Re: Scattering matrix

A matrix is a short hand way of summarizing many equations.

Each port has a power coming out of it composed of contributions from reflected power put into the port and transmitted power from power put into the other ports.

Once the matrix is used to summarize all of these simultaneous equations, mathematical operations can be done on the set of equations by doing matrix related operations on the matrix.

I am struggling with the physical significances of the properties of a s-matrix....eg. unitary property made no sense...just used it!!

The most important "physical significances" of the S matrix is that its elements can always be measured at high frequencies too.

g579 said:
The most important "physical significances" of the S matrix is that its elements can always be measured at high frequencies too.

What about audio freq? I am very intersted in application of s-matrix in such system if only possible.

Here is an address, may be it can help you:

**broken link removed**

I am struggling too. I came across this site:

https://home.sandiego.edu/~ekim/e194rfs01/

if you go to the bottom of the page, there are some additional resources. They help a little.

hope this is helpful

Hi

in the attached file you will find a good explain of the scattering parameter

By

Attachments

• s_parameter_tecnique.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 134

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com