Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with LPC Bus interface as the LFRAME# signal is always high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhane

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im trying to make a LPC bus interface to record the bus traffic as a result of keypresses.

Im using the clk from the LPC bus as my process clock. But it seems that the LFRAME# signal is always high and never drop low.

Im using the I/Os on the spartan 3e fpga to do the probing.

Anyone has any idea what I can do?

interfacing fpga to lpc

please provide the timing diagrams of the bus transactions i.e. read and write cycle of the bus.

lpc bus fpga

The clock of this bus is running at 33Mhz.

I'm wondering if Im using the right I/O with the right setting to probe it

I'm using LVTTL, default drive and default slew to probe

Re: LPC Bus Interface

you can verify the signals in DSO. Sampling other signals on the LPC clock rising edge should not miss any state.

If you want to incorporate the peripheral on LPC, then you have to implement the MAC layer in FPGA. It requires in depth inderstanding of the protocol.

erm what is DSO?

I sample it on the rising edge of the LPC bus, but Im not sure what's wrong but the output values doesnt seem to be the right stuffs

DSO = digital storage oscilloscope,
alias the good old CRO (= cathode ray oscilloscope)

:|

dont have that kind of luxury ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back