Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS - 3 parameter sweep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongoTM

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab parameter sweep

Hello.
I am working on some modifications of horn antennas in CST MWS 2006. I have 3 parameters or let's say 2.

I can use Par.sweep for one parameter and than change another manually, than combine results in MATLAB. It is annoying and take a lot of time:(

I run parameter sweep and set for example:
sequence1
x1=(50 100) (5)
x2=(50 100) (5)

Than I add postprocessing watch, 0D result.
(I am intrested in gain, sidelobe levels in pricipal planes, HPBW in principal planes).
CST MWS goes throw all wariables (5*5=25 cycles), but results are shown only for changing x1:( Its not necessary to show results in CST MWS, it would be perfect if I can get ascii files with results.

Please help. Thx

I have figured out, that using MATLAB to combine results is good, but is there a possibility to save multiple results to one ascii file?

Like for example Gain + Sidelobe suspension + HPBW into one file?

Thx a lot.

I 've done something similar quite long time ago so I will only guide
you roughly and give you some ideas. Two options from me:
1) create a new folder within CST MWS results and paste there the required
graphs. Make sure though that these are relevant, e.g. I don't think of course that you ll be able to paste rad. patter together with S11!! or alternatively

2)save results individually in txt files by exporting them from MWS. Then use excel
to properly combine those results and produce a unified graph...

I am sure you can do either of them at least.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back