Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(ASK) How to convert speech signal into binary??..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Ndul

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
converting signal to binary in matlab

Hi all...

I've a problem for my final assignment..
I'm sorry i'm newbie and have only a little knowledge about signal processing.. :D :D
my final assignment is speaker recognition using neural networks..
i don't know how to convert speech signal into binary then the signal can be the input for neural network..
maybe you know link that i can learn from it??..
I'm using matlab for programming languange..

Thanks to y'all guyz...
:D :D :D

how to convert speech into digital signals

Hi,
To convert speech signal into binary, perform the steps - SAMPLING, QUANTIZING AND ENCODING.
Step 1: Sample the signal according to sampling theorem i.e., use a sampling frequency greater than the highest freq. component of the message signal.In u'r case, the highest freq. component of speech signal is 3.3KHz and hence the sampling freq.should be 8KHz(World wide standard).The sampling process converts continous time signal into discrete time signal.
Step 2: Using a µ - law compandor, compress the speech samples and then Quantize using a uniform quantizer. The quantization process converts continous amplitude samples into discrete amplitudes.In u'r case, use 256 quantization levels to quantize the speech signal.
Step 3: For the encoding process, assign code numbers from 0 to 255 to the quantization levels. The Binary data is generated as per the code no. Since we have used 256 levels, each sample is encoded into 8 bits.The SNR would be approximately 50dB.

Hope this info.would be useful to u.
Regards
Bhanumurthy

converting speech signal in binary in matlab

thanks bhanu..
i mean after the signal had the preprocessing process to find LPC coefficients to enter the next process which is to train and learn with neural networks, the signal have to be in a binary format as a input for neural network..
and i'm confuse bout the program that i've to write using matlab when i've to convert the signal into binary..

thanks a lot bhanu it means a lot to me bro... :D :D :D

convert speech to signal

good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back