Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU to connect PC in CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewandeur

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
connect pc to car

Hi !

I'm in need of a PSU schematic to use my PC in Car. I´m previously used an inverter successfully, but why convert DC to AC and back to DC again?

Could anyone help me with a schematic with "easy-to-obtain" parts ?

Tks !

car pc psu schematic

What type of power supply unit are you looking for? You need a inverter to translate the battery dc voltage to ac in order to supply equipment that normally have to be powered by main power supply line. A DC power supply may be used for equipment that normally are DC voltage based like radio or other entertaiment device, if these devices require a supply voltage of 9 V then you can drawn a simple supply from your battery 12 V by using a LDO (Low Drop-Out regulator) regulator.
Please could you evaluate a little more about your output requirement, voltage, current and so on.

Bye
Powermos

conect pc to car

Ok,
I need a PSU with
+ 12V 10A
- 12V 5 A
+ 5V 10A
- 5V 5A
+ 3.3V 5A

and I intend to adapt an ATX connector to supply directly my motherboard.

It can be done, or I'll need an inverter ?

connecting pc to car power

From my point of view if you have to supply a pc an inverter should be the most simple solution. Supply a CPU is not simple matter you've to be safe of spike and power glitch to prevent CPU bloking, also the current level you need require some work to build such type of power supply.

Bye
Powermos

12volts to 19volts converter schematic

is it possible to use notebook power supply for car maybe 18 - 19 vdc, and after that to step down to 12, 5, 3.3 ... ???

regards from bulgaria

notebook car psu schematic

syrax said:
is it possible to use notebook power supply for car maybe 18 - 19 vdc, and after that to step down to 12, 5, 3.3 ... ???

regards from bulgaria

Again it will be a long route converting +12 volts, -12volts, +5volts and -5volts, and +3.3volts from 18/19volts with specific ampheres. It is better to use the same inverter what you were using before and then convert the same to DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back