Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial or parallel communication b/w PC and FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzirshan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference b/w serial and parallel communication

hie

m working on AES encryptor project, i have designed RTL core of the AES encryptor in verilog HDL and chkd it's validity by simulating it, now i am intrested to check response of core by configure the FPGA and by interfacing FPGA to the PC.
The Pc will send data to the FPGA the FPGA will perform encryption and send it back to the PC......
your help is required to interface the PC with the FPGA for the communication,kindly help me in this regard, suggest some documents,web address or book, which can help me in this regard.

regards
kzirshan

pc fpga communication

There are some options, the one a bit easier to implement than the other:
1. easiest
build a top level that includes a uart Tx/Rx and build a simple rs232 communication protocol on the PC

2. moderate
same as above but using USB

3. difficult
include a ethernet mac/phy in the fpga
poll the fpga board through ethernet connection from PC

if it is your only intention to test the core, I would recommend the first solution.
guaranteed to work, easy to implement, quick and dirty testing possible

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back