Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC Design for beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunokasimin

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design asic beginner

hallo,

i'm beginning my project of chip layout design(full custom asic).the vhdl codes were already functionally verified and what i need now is to start the chip design with vhdl codes as my design entry.can someone explain me the common flow step by step from vhdl codes until chip layout??

thx in advanced

bruno

asic design cts synthesis rtl simulation

1) Synthesize your RTL into a netlist using a synthesization tool like design compiler.
2) If you are looking at doing dft, you can perform the DFT at this point of time.
3) Import the scan inserted netlist into the place and route tool you are using along with the relevant timing libraries and timing constraint files.

This is just the overview involved in the process. Take a look into your tool guides to go ahead with each step.

-Aravind

common flow: RTL coding-> RTL simulation->synthesis-> DFT inserting-> formal check (RTL to post scan netlist) ->p & r ->CTS-> STA->Post simulation->formal check(post scan netlist to post layout netlist)->DRC LVS->tapeout

I think if you take care of power consumption,the power compiling should be insert between synthesis and P&R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back