Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need fpga jtag program circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamed_sotoudi

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit jtag fpga

Hi guys
I have a board with virtex4 sx55 and I can't program it with my jtag cable. My jtag is 2.5 v and I think that the problem is cos of cable. If any body have the schematic for jtag and send to me I'll appriciate him.

Thanks alot.

fpga jtag schematic

Here's the schematic for the Xilinx Parallel Cable III:
**broken link removed**

Beware that the Parallel Cable III is much slower than the Parallel Cable IV or the Platform Cable USB. Your bitstream download will take many more seconds. I've never seen schematics for the two faster cables, Xilinx keeps them confidential.

If you need help diagnosing error messages from Xilinx iMPACT, show us the messages and maybe someone can help you.

fpga jtag

The parallel cables get power for the buffers from the host board. I have used the parallel port version on the Virtex4 series without a problem. However, I give the parallel cable circuit 3.3V, not the 2.5V used by the FPGA. The TTL logic in the cable definitely needs at least 3.3V. Place some series resistors on TCK, TDI, and TMS if you are worried about driving 3.3V into the FPGA. According to Xilinx, the I/O are 3.3V tolerant if you limit the current.

Status
Not open for further replies.