Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video controller IP project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cpld video controller

Well... i have already finished doing my IP project. Purpose is, to create video controller IP, which may be reused in EDK. I am doing everything on the XUPV2P board. My video controller IP has Asynchronous FIFO module built in it. i have already connected it to the EDK as custom peripheral. I can even latch some RGB data with software, and fill the screen with any color!

what i did next is... i added CompactFLASH peripheral from Xilinx... and now i read the BMP images from the CF card, and store them on the DDR memory... now, i want to display data from the DDR on my video controller!

there is such a project on the Digilent website...but they use already made controller in Verilog, which is 640x480. Mine is 1024x768, in VHDL and with Asynchronous FIFO design.

problem is...when i try to read pixture byte by byte...it is not being displayed...it is displayed like some mess....a lot of lines etc...

i think the problem is in speed...or maybe in the correct data latching on to the PLB bus...

any suggestions?

fpga video controller project

ok..as i see noone could help anyhow..

is there at least anyone who is experimenting with the XUPV2P board now?

lets do something together! i already have written VHDL code, and succeffully runned it inside the EDK as a peripheral... i need someone else who is interested in the video projects, so that we could finish the job together! we will not start from scratch! is there any such person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back