Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How important is the check_design command for synthesis in DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC_intl

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How important is the check_design command for synthesis?

After doing check_design I FIND THERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS IN MY DESIGN. The report generated after check_design contain name of some instances and also nets that are not present in the design file. I am using the check_design command before compilation. How to see these problems whose correponding instance and net name are not present in the RTL which ere analyzed and elaborated.

check_design, design compiler

Hi,
Make sure that you read all the modules of your verilog netlist.

Thanks
Chaitanya

synthesis check_design

All the modules have been read.

Re: design compiler

The warnings generated by check_design command are important and should be carefully analysed before u neglect them, if u r the designer for that particular block, u should be knowing the gate inference from that RTL code. Isn't it??

Re: design compiler

The code os too big to understand all the instances of it. Again the name of the instances reported by check_design command are not present as an instance in the complete design. We do not know the blocks which are inferred by those functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back