Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best method for audio sample rate conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizyjuice

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was wondering what the "best" way to do upsampling/downsampling for audio rates would be? By best I mean computationally efficient. I was thinking just a lookup table and using sinc interpolation would be easiest, but any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rate conversion is an extensive topic in signal processing. Particularly downconversion is critical, cause filtering is necessary to prevent aliasing. Generally, CIC-filters are a computationally efficient method for rate conversion. But for downconversion of signals up to nyquist frequency, they have probably too much attenuation. E. g. Uwe Meyer-Baese DSP in FPGA gives a good overview on rate conversion designs.

May be interpolation is the easiest way but not the "best"
One more posibility is multirate filtering.

Look at sampling conversion programs
**broken link removed**
and tutorial
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.