Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can Cadence netlist schematic in SPICE form? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
netlist to schematic

Hi,

I want to extract the SPICE netlist from certain Schematic that is drawn in Virtuoso Schematic Editor, can cadence do that? Or I can only netlist for Spectre?

Can I generate the netlist (whatever Spectre or SPICE) using SKILL?

Any suggestions?
Thanks and regards,
Ahmad

cadence netlist

If Spice is properly installed, you can.

1. In ADE (analog design environment) go to Setup>Simulator/Directory/Host... then select Hspice as your simulator and press OK (if you don't have that option then the tool is not properly set up).

2. Go to Simulation>Netlist>Create and that's it

Hope this helps,

diemilio

spice netlist schematic

Hi,

R u trying to run simulation with Hspice for the netlist generated from cadence schematic entry??

if so.. here are the few addon's to comments from diemilio

While drawing the schematic you shld use Hspice View for the components so that netlister will do the netlist in Hspice format without any error.

In this not all Hspice elements are supported !! U can try latest Hspice which have some interface future which works well with cadence and it comes free with Hspcie.

Hope this helps.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back