Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelsim simulaion problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwq1999

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
literal modelsim

when i use modelsim to simulation my verilog code, which conatins a state machine, in the wave windows, i want to view the exact state in letter(e.g. S0,S1,~~),but it displays in binary code(0001,0010,~~), any one to how to do to let the modelsim to display exact state in letter ?

thanks in advance!

radix define modelsim example

Here's an example that works in ModelSim SE 6.3g.
The first command defines a new radix named 'mynames'.
The second command applies the radix to signal 'top/count'.

radix define mynames {0 Zero 1 One 2 Two 3 Three 4 Four 5 Five 6 Six 7 Seven}
property wave -format literal -radix mynames top/count

pwq1999

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wave properties modelsim

click on signal in wave window of modelsim and then click right button of mouse and click properties and in new open window select format u want ur signal should be.

Could you please upload the student_license.dat file, there is no way to obtain a valid free student license from the web site or after installation of modelSIM,
I think that this license sharing should be not illegal.

Thanks in advance
Pow

Does anyone know if this is possible in Aldec Active-HDL v7.2? Thanks.

Hi TekUT, be sure to carefully follow the installation instructions, especially the text in red color:
http://www.model.com/resources/student_edition/student_download.asp

The ModelSim discussion forum is filled with users having similar problems. One fellow discovered that he had to revert from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2. Mentor needs to fix their installer!
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/modelsim-pe-student-edition

Hi victoria_jitesh, I don't see any way to define a new radix in that Properties dialog.

i find the command in modelsim mannul, but i do as it describes, but i fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back