Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

get many output 10v from one source 10v

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohannad100

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
4-20ma current source

hi every body
can any one tell me how to get a 4-20ma current source
to be used in my circuit.then it converted to 0-5v and then tn mc
but basically i need help in how to get 4-20ma current
thanks.

4 20 ma current source

Hi mate,
there is many approach, most simple was use a simple voltage regulator like the LM7805 (look inside the component datasheet, you can found the schematics used to build a very simple constant current generator, but this one can't be useful for low corrent like you need ad this info is just only for completeness), another way is use a simple operational amplifier and a few resistor around it to make the current source (I've often used it to simulate 4-20 mA current loop interface), another approach (best result but with some cost), will be use one of more specific integrated circuits (e.g. MAXIM **broken link removed**).

Cheers
F.F. a.k.a. Powermos

4-20 ma current source

The maximum Rload respectively maximum voltage drop requirements should be known. A voltage drop of 10 V wouldn't be unusual for a 4-20 mA loop, cause it may be used to supply loop powered circuits.

A ground referenced voltage input may be desirable, involving a differential amp circuit with additional resistors. I'm typically using a darlington transistor to reduce current error and a current limiting base resistor.

designing 4-20ma source

by amplifying sensor current/voltage through an OP-Amp

simple current source

Here is a simple circuit with adjustable gain and off-set. It´s output is referenced to an external voltage (current sourced by the receiver), which is a more common approach than the one shown above.

how make circute current source 4-20ma

you can check the datasheet.
hope can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.