Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check +/- voltage of power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwanspirit

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made a variable dual power supply which gives variable voltages +22v and -22v.Now i want to display these,please tell me any simple circuit to display this variable +ive and-ive supply.

Power supply

what would you like to display it on?

7 segment display or LCD ?

Re: Power supply

TWO analog voltmetars.:D

I guess our friend wants to "show" output voltage(s). I suggest oscilloscope..!!

friends i only want the voltage display, if it is 7 segment display it is more interesting.i want to know that if i display this on analog meter can i display -ive volts by analog meter.

Power supply

I guess you use just simple volt meter, which the display only show positive value.
yes it can, just reverse the connection to the - volt meter opposite with the + volt meter. And of course you have to change the display and add minus sign.

rizwanspirit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Power supply

User Engr.KamranHameed wrongly posted reply to report system:

Man U may use ICL 7107 Ic ,Its a basically Display Voltage which is directly interfaced by seven segment , U may use this Ic to select ur voltage from 0V to 199V , see its

V

'displaying' is not clearly understood, but you can capture it using a DSO for storing and display purposes.

Power supply

Bring it on
ADC!
ADC!
ADC!
Then use Microcontroller to decode the digital data to 7segment.....

Status
Not open for further replies.