Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High gain 3.5 GHz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrus999

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys

I need some help in designing a monopole antenna that has a average gain of over 4 dBi at 3.5 GHz.... Do any of you have a HFSS simulation that could help me out...

Petrus

That should not be a problem. Kraus among others has design guidance. You might also look into Jasik (Jasik/Johnosn, Johnson, Volakis) Antenna Handbook. Pay attention to your ground plane size. The bigger the better.

ARRL certainly has more design guidance.

I don't have a HFSS model but this is not a hard antenna to build from the ground up.

I have tried the following, i have designed a two half wavelength 3.5 ghz antennas with the a phase shift in the middle using a meander line, I am not sure if this can be done. Does anyone with experience of designing these antennas be able to help out....

The file is HFSSv11

A single monopole will exceed 4 dBi so why mess with two?

A pair of monopoles (can) get you into the 8 to 9 dBi range. Too much from your earlier posts.

I want the gain to be a minimum of 4dbi not peak. it also has to be smaller than 80mm long

Minimum gain of 4 dBi? What are you trying to describe?

What dimension does the 80 mm reference? At 3.5 GHz you have a wavelength of about 85 mm. What is your point?

I don't see the intent in your last post.

well i tried simulating that and it did not work.. The grounplane has a big influence of the antenna pattern. This is because surface waves propagate on the PCB and when they encounter a discontinuinty they radiate and distorb the main antenna pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back