Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement I2C with ADS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramone

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there!

I have some sensors all exporting analog ouputs. To be exaxt i have:

1 :: 3-axis accellerometer
3 :: Gyros
1 :: Compass

and i want to output their values to I2C. Can you give an implementation either on

PIC
AVR
or
ARM
??

Thanks in advance

Re: i2c question

You can implement I2C if these devices have inbuilt I2c protocol. and how are you giving the analog input to the controllers.
can you clarify.

these devices have analog outputs. I need to input their outputs to a ADC and then to a microproccessor (ARM, AVR?). I want info about the circuit and the processor programming.

If you need to implement I2c with ADC you cannot do it with normal ADC. You need to use serial ADC which supports the I2c protocol. search the web I have forgotten the IC name, it was long back I did it. Then it is very easy for you to implement i2c. You cannot do it with ADC0808/ 0804 or any series.

If you have that IC then your normal controller can do the i2c implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.