Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug PIC Users Group Newsletter JPUG Issue #2 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Our second issue of the newsletter is available for download at
**broken link removed**
We're setting up a mailing list if you'd like to get the newsletters in your email.
**broken link removed**
Junebug Simulator
Keypad using A/D
Controlling a Servo Motor
CSV 4 Channel A/D Recorder
Name & VDD Calibration
UART Hello World
18F Tips & Tricks
[/img]

Re: Junebug PIC Users Group Newsletter JPUG Issue #2 availab

Hi blueroomelectronics

From the JuneBug schematic, I found that the Q2 BS250P and LED AMBER is different from the original PICKIT2. The original PICKIT2, FDC6420C (P) pin S is connect to 5V and pin D connect to diode while the orientation for BS250P in junebug is different. The LED from PICKIT2 is active high while LED in Junebug is active low.

May I know why you design like this? Will the VDD still work with this combination?

Good eye, I built a prototype first and had the LED connected to the load on the prototype. I moved it at the last moment to the gate as the PICkit2 has, hence it's reversed but has no affect on the Junebugs functionality.

How about BS250P? the connection is completely different from the original schematic.

coolcat said:
How about BS250P? the connection is completely different from the original schematic.

It's documented in the Junebug assembly manual, the PCB is designed to accept either K or P versions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.