Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Laptop to choose....Dell or Lenovo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guru59

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lenovo vs dell laptop

hey everyone,

i am going to have a laptop next month...

please give your suggestions..

which one should i go for DELL or LENOVO .

(the config of both are same )

can we use dell docking station for lenovo laptop

I have had good luck with Dells in the last few years. Their 7500 model (my first one) was a total disaster. They have learned from their mistakes.

I agree with the previous person. Avoid laptops if you can. The larger size ones have more air circulation and fail less frequently.

Only use a laptop if you need portability or are short of space on your desk.

dell vs lenovo laptop

Its true said by Flatulent that "Only use a laptop if you need portability or are short of space on your desk" . You can just go for any brand. See your requirements, and compare the same with the configuration and performance you expect from a laptop. Once you buy one never expect any company to give the service you expect. Every company will have its own marketing stratergies and all will aim to sell more rather than to service old ones. Every company will have a regular quarrels and querrys from most of its customers in respect of various issues. Use the one you buy carefully for 3 years, calculate the depreciation, and your Laptop will be free at that time. Be ready to throw it in the trash once you get any major problems with it.

dell or lenovo

I hate desktops and their keyboards from the time I started using them...
1 year ago changed 5th laptop,not because of the failures, it was just upgrade. Had Sony Vaio, HP, Asus and Dell. A year ago purchased DELL and returned it 2 weeks later... it was "not mine" from the very beginning (keyboard, look and feel...). The next and the last was Lenovo T61 with 14". It's productive, solid, quiet, has a scratch resistant surface, comes with 3-years standard warranty and, unlike other brands, supports Linux (as a native system).

to flatulent
desktops fail more often, without doubt!
I had been working as a service center engineer for 3 years and our service room was always full of desktops. The situation with laptops was completely opposite. However, their weak point is CD/DVD drive, that fails quite often.

how can i chose brand new lenovo laptop

For the last 10 years, I have exclusivly used laptops. I am using one know. I dock when at work. So I strongly recomend a docking station. I also use a second monitor, so I get two monitors for the price of one.

Recommend:
docking station,
external mouse and keyboard,
2nd monitor
Internal wifi.
Internal blue tooth.

As for brands, I always use a Dell. I once plugged in a USB connector to a Dell laptop that had a 240VAC ground differential. After putting out the fire on the mother board, I called Dell. (They told me to reboot!) The tech then sent me another laptop and I had it the next day. I copied HDD over then sent back the burnt unit. No charge and no down time.

Hope this helps.

Red

configuration dell which wifi choose

hey.............
go for eigher dell of hp....and sony vaio if u r having passion for music....(boz sound system is good in sony)

config should be

160 Gb hard disk
1 Gb RAM

processor should be intel or AMDA but advaced intel processors are prifreble bcoz as i m having AMDA 64 turioun then they suffered from heat sinking problem..so go for intel (rugged one)

i think graphic card shold be GeForce with intel

and if ur economically strong then go for
1. Bluetooth
2. 802.11 a/b/c WLAN
3. web cam
4. bulit in audio sensor
5. finger print recognization
6. eye recognizaion

and now a days this features are avialble in one system but cost may be high

best luck

and think before u buy......
bye

laptop+dell or lenovo

Definitely Dell, I had HP and I am not happy with it

choose dell laptop by price

Lenovo,

I think it is your best choice

lenovo laptop+dell laptop+which one to choose

I am using Lenovo-IBM and I am quite happy about it.

choose dell laptop by config dell

I have Dell, and it working nice.

Regards.

Mr.Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.