Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where we use SPI compatible EEPROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonia sharma

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Can you please tell me where we use SPI compatible EEPROM?

Thanks
Sonia

Re: memory

These are used in mainly automotive electronics.
CAT25010 is a 1K Bit SPI Serial CMOS EEPROM
HT25LC512 -- CMOS 64kx8-Bit SPI Serial OTP EPROM

Hi,

In which type of applications they are used?CAn we use it in managed applications?if yes then how?

thanks
sonia:|

memory

I am new here. But what I have got is very much interesting.

Hi Sonia;
The SPI EEPROms are usually used in digital cameras and in other small applications. Definetely you can use it for any of your application only if the controller you choose supports SPI protocol. You can go to appx speed of 45Mbps.
You can specify your requirement, I can suggest you accordingly.

Added after 3 minutes:

446982108 said:
I am new here. But what I have got is very much interesting.

If you tell what you have then the required person will decide if they want it or not. Instead of just posting that you have something special please try to post it, if you wish to answer the post instead of posting many times for points.

Maxim/Dallas has a lot of SPI - compatible EEPROMs. They are used in a wide range of applications including, but not limited to, Data logging, Communications Systems,
Consumer products,Automotive Systems, etc.
You may specify your application so that we can help u.

Hi,

I am working on a layer 2 managed switch.For providing management i have to add an external CPU.but for CPU configuration i need some memory..Can i use serial eeprom instead of FLASH?

Hi,
Serial eeprom devices are usually based on flash technology, the range of devices by ST such as M25Pxx are very easy to work with, they all have a SPI interfaces. The only thing you need to remember is to always erase the sector that you want to write to first before you write the data.
Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back