Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Define Frequency-dependent materials???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunphoto

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
define frequency

Hi everyone,
Could anybody help me on this:

I need define material properties using 'frequency dependent', also need enter frequency-dependent data.
1) How i can import data or i have to input data manually?
2) I have tried input data manually, but after that there's no function i can save as a data sheet. So i cannot change afterwards...
I'm using HFSS 10.1v.

Really need your advice....
Many many thanks!!

define frequancy

You need to create an input data file (.pts). You can easily create it by putting two rows in Excell: 1 row is the Frequency and the second row is your Data. Then, you copy those two columns into Notepad. You may have to change decimal "," by ".". Finally you save your text file as .pts.
Then you can enter this data file in HFSS by importing from a file when adding a dataset (Menu Project-->Datasets...-->Add...->Import from file... You will see your data plotted in the graph beside. Once you have your dataset, you can use it as a frequency dependent property, for instance, frequency dependent electric permittivity. Check also HFSS help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back