Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to destroy PC workstation without being noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikie_rizza

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Bikini Bottom, between a rock and a pineapple
Activity points
kill my pc

Hey all,
I need help to destroy my workstation without being notice by the IT people.

Here's the condition:
- Installation are unable. must run through IT desk.
- Bios is locked.
- Casing is possible to open. (but its the last option)

Why?
- Because my workstation is super slow, but the management wont replace it with the new one unless its totally broken.

Please any idea of sabotage...stupid idea are welcome.

Want to Kill My PC!!

Open the casing and remove the bios battery to unlock the BIOS

:)

Re: Want to Kill My PC!!

:lol: You made my day!! First of all, I am not into the monkey business it is destroying other peoples goods, but to give you a hint click here...

If you cant get any of those easily, why not go for a cup of coffee, oopsidaisy, you managed to miss it onto your computer. To bad.

By the way, if you have a windows workstation you could also claim that it is totally broken per definition.

Or, you may convince the manager that it will cost him more having you working on a slow computer spending more time waiting, than it cost buying you a new one. You could however risk that the manager then think you could use this spare time to do some boring paper works.

Finaly, dont ask your manager, ask the IT dude for help, He may have som tip for you

Want to Kill My PC!!

Do you have 220/110 V selector mains switch on PC rear side of power supply ? Play with it carefully.

Want to Kill My PC!!

Remove hdd lead first, you dont want to destroy the data on that as it is more valuable.

short some pins on the chips on the motherboard long enough for the PC to crash, keep doing it till it will no longer work. motherboards can be replaced but if its old it will cost lots more to find everything than a new pc.

before yu do this, research a new PC so you have the prices available :)

DO NOT BE SEEN DOING ANYTHING !!

Want to Kill My PC!!

Dear Zainka:
Thanx for the crazy fire ant idea...its really funny that ants today are evolving to be able to digest our electronics junk. The coffee spill trick will give me bad record and afraid new rule will be release "No drinking and eating at your desk!".

Dear Artem:
Good idea...that's bad you know...really bad :)

Dear Cyberrat:
I'm thinking about that too. Is there any possibility in shorting the output ports like RS232, LPT, USB, LAN, PS2 or such to damage the PC?

Dear all:
Ever heard a burn-in software that makes your processor working endlessly?

Some BIOS updaters are running under windows nowadays. So how about a BIOS update with a, uuuups, wrong ROM file? Your board seems to be dead afterwards. Of course you did not run an update...

"accidentically" short the USB port connectors.

I really did do this by accident once (flaky connector you see) and it destroyed the motherboard.

The computer obviously had overload protection but it seems on inspecting the PCB, that it is possible for a large amount of current to flow momentarily.

Want to Kill My PC!!

if you destroy your windows OS and it may work then find a hidden system file "boot.ini" in c: drive.

delete that file and restart ur system. it will not boot from HDD. as no OS is there.

if it doesnt work then use USB bus and plug its individual wire into main line, it will surely work.

Want to Kill My PC!!

If its only software problem, they're going to reinstall it. But plug-in mains to USB port, that's new. But I'm sure it can be detected because there will be a burnt mark all over the board...not to mention the loud noise when it pops!

Want to Kill My PC!!

then do one thing.
open casing and plugout processor fan, plug mains to this fan to burn it. then replug this fan on board.

restart and have fun with heating the CPU, resulting into auto shutdown OR burnt processor (depends on ur board)

rikie_rizza said:
dac5bits,
Its not working, it only restart the PC but no damage happened. I think USB controller has its own short circuit protection.

rikie_rizza it could be my computer was built in 1998, since then things have improved or,

possibly in my case only the data out contact was shorted to either the USB 5V or GND contact.

maybe shorting only the data out contact might do the trick.

try this also

i have make an at89s51 programmer using parallel port
so plugging it in and out for many days from the port make my motherboard chipset damaged with no visual sign on board
so if you have parallel port you can try it
it damages one of my friends motherboard also so i tell other to just plug it once

if you will play with parallel or serial port without much protection your chipset will surely damaged and hence your motherboard
it may take some time but i know it will work because i suffered from it

Hello you crazy people :D !
You can try to put your computer in the refrigerator.After an hour you plug in the power cord.

Boom!

Hope this will work!

Want to Kill My PC!!

Another crazy idea: put your computer on the desk and drop it to the floor? "Oh... I'm sorry I didn't realize it is a desktop, not a laptop." :p

Want to Kill My PC!!

Anyone still remember some virus which can destroy BIOS? Here are some names: CIH, win32.kriz, Win32:Magistr

BTW, rikie_rizza do u have any clothes which can generate static electricity? It's useful in this case...

Use Spray can, it could be of perfume, motor oil, cockroach killer, spirit, hair stiffner, perfume,etc.Your spray can must have spray needle so that you can direct it as you want it, don't spray while the system is running and the idea of removing the processor fan is great. It will surely kill the processor but it would take time. So you spray the system with something conductive and turn the system on after you finish spraying, if you continue doning spray and turn the system on, there could be possibility of flame rising and reaching up the can and blewing it up in a nasty case.So turn the system on after spraying, It would surely damage the system.Spray onto your USB ports, Parallel Port and other low power equipments and not with things like POWER SUPPLY. Play with low voltage circuits.They won't produce POP sounds and will be killed with no marks and sound. When the PC would be open for inspection there would be no marks.Eject the CD ROM drive, spray inside the CD-ROM drive so that all the IC, resistor,capacitors,inductors and other SMD devices would be covered with conductive spray, in the end destroying the CD ROM drive and then close it.This would also increase the time for installing up the new system

Want to Kill My PC!!

GUYS!!! THIS IS COOL!!!
I finally able to damage by PC....its undetectable, software only, and works in only one month....
This is how...
Create a simple program loop to calculate 50000! (factorial) again and again while you lock your computer. never turn off you PC... just lock it. Because the processor never rest....it damage the capasitor of its northside bridge (the cap is bloated)....and your PC become unstable. WOW!!! Haha, now I have a new PC....well, at least its faster than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back