Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NiMH Charger 2-Cell Series Switched

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2c2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to setup the DS2712 in 2-cell series switched with the attached schematic. I'm double checking wiring at the moment , but wanted to verify the schematic was correct.

My Q2 bjt is getting extremely hot and all my current is running back through the inductor and d1 in a loop.

Any help much appreciated!!

what is this a switch mode charger? what would be the current of the circuit? is this a fast charger? what would be the current value when it passes to the inductor? if its a fast charger then the transistor much need a higher current rating also you can increase the value of the base resistor of the Q2 to limit the current passing to the transistor.

Yea, its a switched mode charger with fast charge of 1 amp (precharge and maintenance charge at 250mA).

The transistors I'm using are straight from the specified part in the schematic in the datasheet and aren't getting exceedingly hot anymore.

I fixed some wiring issues so it matches the schematic now and I have LED indicating state but the batteries are discharging at 8mA rather than charging.

I got it charging briefly in fast charge but it seems to fault out after a moment of fast charge.

I believe its going to fault state because the Von - Voff > Vctst (page 12 on datasheet) . Anyone know if you can set the resistor smaller than specified 20k ohm from CTST pin to gnd?

thanks. I need the schematic.

Lemme know if you get it working.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back