Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for converting from TTL to RS485/Modbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

csr1981

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone please give me a circuit to convert from TTL to RS485/modbus.

ttl to 485

If you need only level conversion then MAX488E is good. Download and look in its datasheet you will get wealth of information. Also note that
one side of the IC is foe Vcc GND and TTL in/out connections
other side have four line
each pair for transmit and recieve. Place 120 ohm resistor between each pair and that it you have full duplex rs485 from TTL
Thanks
:|

ttl to rs-485

can anyone provide the circuit using ic 75176

ttl+rs485

All 8 pin RS485 transceivers have identical pinning and use the same circuit, also 75176, there are only differences regarding speed, current consumption and such.

All datasheets contain usable application information, sufficient to design a basic RS485 interface, additionally manufacturers as TI, MAXIM have detailed application notes, some of them have been posted or linked with previous EDAboard contributions related to RS485.

Of course I don't want to keep anyone from explaining the topic allover again, but the information is effectively at your fingertips.

485 ttl receive

Can any one tell how to connect the IC75176 to PIC18F uC.

75176 datasheet ttl 485

Hi, 75176 is the same max485, but max 485 is better than 75176, you can download ttl_232.jpg as a example.

Reactions: mrgh

mrgh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
max485 modbus

yes.you need connect RX and TX to MAX485's DO and DI.and assign one pins to control DE and RE

ttl rs485

Hello junyuansun

so while sending a query from uC i have to make DE high
and while receiving the data i have to make RE & DE low

is it correct?

por que el max485 y no el 75176

One control signal is OK.
Short DE & RE and during TX make them HI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back