Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Video Scrambler

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandopg

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
In the past lots of cable companies used analog scramblers to encode their video information preventing others to watch the video content.

This encoding basically consisted to change the horizontal video blank's DC level and the phase (0-180deg) of each video's line according to a binary sequence.
The seed for the binary sequence generator was sent with the audio information in digital form so that the receiver could rebuild the original video information.

At that time an article with several parts was published describing in good details the whole scheme of the encoding system briefly outlined above.
I know that I have this article but unfortunately I couldn't find it among the tons of papers and stuff I've been gathering over the years.

So, I wonder if anyone might have either that series of articles or any other paper about analog video encoding to share . I would be very grateful.

Best Regards,

NandoPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back