Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna with substrate of large thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahar20

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I simulate an antenna with substrate of large thickness(more than 10mm at 10GHz), and use the infinite ground plane, and advanced extension port, so how can I set up the the port to avoid the warning " the substrate thickness factor for port is too big",and "the ground separation/length radio for port is too big", and could get the high simulation accuracy?

The input impedance of the antenna is not uniquely defined when your port to ground (or reference) distance is more than 10% of a wavelength. In some sense, it is similar to solving the input impedance of a dipole antenna when the gap between the 2 arms is very big. You can not get consistent result because it is not a consistent value. You can get different value depending upon how you measure it.

sahar20

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

sophiahooo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Sounds like you are using IE3D.

I have found that utilising a finite dielectric and finite ground plane scheme can make that error message disappear. However your simulation run time will increase by 10 fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back