Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to tap signals from instrumentation panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskr1004

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tap signals

Hi everybody,

i want to tap signals from the instrumentation panel ,i will use tapped signals for further processing.how can i tap signals without any effect to the panel.can anybody suggest best way to go it.example signals that i want to tap are Temperature,fuel. on panel this are connected to guages.

Regards

kskr1004 said:
Hi everybody,

i want to tap signals from the instrumentation panel ,i will use tapped signals for further processing.how can i tap signals without any effect to the panel.can anybody suggest best way to go it.example signals that i want to tap are Temperature,fuel. on panel this are connected to guages.

Regards

Hi,
What do you mean by "tap signals" "tap temperature" ?

How do you want people to help you if you are giving no information on your hardware and what you are trying to achieve??!

My advises (very humbly)to you: 1)- give more details: what is panel? describe it. What is processing? which hardware (acquisition) and software (for really processing) do you have. How is the whole thing interconnect?

2) What did you try to do? what difficulties did you faced? describe them. Post schematics if it's not a confidential project.

I'm sure many people here are willing to help but with no information someone can't do nothing.

Best regards
Kabanga

Hi,
It depends on the type of sources driving the gauges. For instance, if the signals are ground referred current sources, you can insert small resistors in the loop and using a buffer amplifer pick up the voltage for further processing. If the signals are digital, may be you can use opto isolators to tap the signal. For ground referred voltage signals, again a buffer amplifier may be used. You have to design the signal tapping interface depending upon the characteristics of the signal sources driving the guages.

Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.