Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1000V/10mA switching power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_rb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1kv power supply circuit

I want to build a 1000V/10mA switching power supply with 220V input (single phase). I am looking for a schematic of a similar power supply or something close to help me to find out how to start.

Primary side isn't specific to high voltage output, I think. So it's similar to other low power off-line SMPS. At the secondary, a cascade rectifier could ease transformer design.

What should I do to decrease output ripple as much as possible?

Any schematic even hand drawn will be appriciated?

the thing is you must used a higher value of filtering such as higher value of capacitor and inductor to lessen the output ripple voltage.

HV power supply design is not so easy: indeed the secondary winding of the transformer requires many turns, and thus has a large distributed capacity; that causes parasitic phenomena of oscillations, with overcurrents and overvoltages.
Generaly you have to use resonant design.

if your using a transformer that has limited output they you can multiple the result of the voltage (voltage multiplier)

Status
Not open for further replies.