Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Live Video Streaming over WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxPL

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an idea and just want to ask some more experienced ones whether it's possible to perform live video streaming (lets say VGA resolution, and just B&W no colors) over WiFi using only some digital camera, uC and WiFi module. If it is possible then what type of uC would be suitable for capturing image (8-bit image), and communicating with WiFi module at the same time (8-bit or 32-bit uC)?
Thanks for any input in the topic.

well yes the easiest solution is usualy the best one, but I don't always prefer the easiest one :p I would like to create something like that just for private educational purposes and buying such camera wouldn't teach me anything, would it

firefoxPL said:
well yes the easiest solution is usualy the best one, but I don't always prefer the easiest one :p I would like to create something like that just for private educational purposes and buying such camera wouldn't teach me anything, would it

I think like you. We're here for share and build, not for share and buy!....

Then, Let's build.

Basically, we need convert image(s) into data, and sent data over WiFi Network. In the other side, either PC or embedded, a packet reader who "read" data and convert it into image(s) again.

For this, our parts may be are as follow (if i missed one, please tell me):

1. Camera
2. uC board.
3. Embedded WiFi chip/board
4. A PC or Embedded WiFi Network Packet Reader, where we turn data back to images

Then, we first must choose a camera easily interfacing with our uC board. A lot of options in this issue, according to our needs. Pick one.

What you think........

Best regards.....

PD. I choose a ATMEGA32 and sparkfun camera. Goal, connect and read data from camera, and send that data by UART to PC. This is my first step

Hi, I have a project about this topic. I want to send the camera data to PC over wifi. Can you help me please? Which module should I use? and is it necessary digitizing the analog video output?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.