Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in receiving sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENG_SI

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ASA
my project is a car security system containing sms sending and receiving(from the microcontroller connected to the car mobile to the user moblie)
i'm using ATMEGA8515 microcontroller with assembly language for programming and siemens s35 mobile(as a car mobile).

in receiving mode,
i did the first step which is reading sms by at command( AT+CMGR=location)
the expected data to be read is for example:
07910221020020F001000A81105834775000000131 (for reading text msg "1")

i tried to know the values of the received data from the UART of uc (by comparing each received byte with the expected one and i found the first six bytes are:
070102 :?::?:
which are not expected

i don't know why i got this values???????????
can anyone help me in that

one another thing can anyone tell me the exactly steps of receiving sms and comparing it with another one already saved on eeprom.
or what i should do exactly after receiving the pdu format , how can i deal with it( i know the contents of the pdu format)
but what exactly the microcontroller should receive(bytes ,strings,.......) and how i could manage it???

thnx for ur patience :)

thnx we solved our problem el 7amd lellah

Hello,

Try change to "text mode"

AT+CMGF=1

Then read the sms 1 again!

AT+CMGR=1

I Hope this solve your problem!

Bye.

thnx for ur reply :)

but first our mobile doesn't support text mode.

secondly, our problem now is reading from EEPROM, we have a problem in it .
we read the received data correctly and write it in EEPROM then we tried to read from EEPROM, we read just first 2 bytes crrectly then we read nothing.
could anyone help me in that??

thnx in advance :)

hi Eng_SI
I am trying to send sms with 8051 by siemens C55.But I failed.Can you help me?.I can sending sms with hyper terminal with pdu mode.After that I simulated my codes at the proteus.It works fine.But in rela it cannot work.Can you help me.İf I send my schematic and my codes

Status
Not open for further replies.