Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is it not possible to associate poles and zeros in .lis file of HSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrvip

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell why it is not possible to associate poles and zeros in .lis file of HSPICE with the particular node from which they are arising.

.lis file only shows the list of pole zeros...why it can't show due to which node that particular pole or zero is coming????

Re: pole zeros in HSPICE

Hi

I think Hspice analysis output nodes then calculate the pole and zeros from their transform function, so can't find the nodes.
Hspice convert a circuit to a matrix and calculate the desired parameter. It can't understand the reality of the designed circuit.

I think it is the .pz that gives the poles and zeros, but I do not think Hspice can give you the node that generated the zero/pole.

Cheers

I think spectre as well don't specify the nodes to which the poles and zeros are associated , It is a designer task not simulator task .

pole zeros in HSPICE

Actually pole/zero are not associated with ONE SPECIFIC node as simplified analysis says.

Dear friend

If you study the pole/zero chapter of hspice 2007, which is very comprehensive, you willl find out that it can be possible using esp codes if you didn't find ask me to give u further explanations . good luck

Hello, s_babayan

I want to know more about pole/zero. Can you give me more information or material about what you talked?

engrvip said:
Can anyone tell why it is not possible to associate poles and zeros in .lis file of HSPICE with the particular node from which they are arising.

.lis file only shows the list of pole zeros...why it can't show due to which node that particular pole or zero is coming????

simulator cant find the POLE and zero.

I want to know how to find the node.

I have read the chapter 13 of the hspice manual,
but i didn't find the anwser, could you give more refrence?

s_babayan said:
Dear friend

If you study the pole/zero chapter of hspice 2007, which is very comprehensive, you willl find out that it can be possible using esp codes if you didn't find ask me to give u further explanations . good luck

pole zeros in HSPICE

OK ....if simulator can't directly tell me about the node from which a particular pole or zero is arising.......then how can I my self calculate a pole or a zero from a particular node ....using the data which i get in output file .lis in case of HSPICE.

pole zeros in HSPICE

how can i caculate a pole ata particular node in SPICE.

engrvip said:

zero can't get from the real world, esp the right plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back