Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get characteristic impedance from CPW through HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdq

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfs cpw

I used HFSS to simulate CPW, and I want to know the characteristic impedance.I used the wave port and lumped port , have set the proper size, to excite the CPW. And I got the port z0 50 or 75 ohm, that's not the real impedance. How can I get the real CPW's characteristic impedance through HFSS,I really need help!

cpw characteristic impedance

HFSS on-line help has a section called "impedance calculation" that you may find useful to contemplate.

I would also suggest the sections on wave and terminal ports.

Port characteristic impedance is strongly depend on Port size definition. You got a wrong result, maybe you made a wrong definition of CPW port (waveport) in HFSS.
Read the port tutorial carefully and try it again. I think you'll get a real characteristic impedance that you're expecting
cheers!

hi
its better to use waveport only, then you can find port z0 as line charactristic impedance
best regards

its all in solution data on top tools, then just click on z0 ,its done!!_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back