Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Positive experience doing business with China

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-design

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to share my experience in doing some business with a EDABOARD member “flypcb” in China. I was looking for a supplier of some small air core RF coils. First I tried local in the US. I actually found just one company that could supply me the miniature RF coils. The price was outrages at $0.50 per coil/2000 pcs. I received a post from this member “flypcb” offering to help.

He was able to help and I made a purchase of 5000 pieces @ $0.03 each, plus shipping. The member also accepts Paypal payments which makes things easier. There is a 5% overseas surcharge if you pay him with Paypal.

I also later ordered some other parts from him and he always responded within a day when I had an enquiry. He can generally ship you parts to the US by express mail ($25 for the first kg) or a slower more economical service . He also provides tracking information and insurance when requested. Overall my experience dealing with this member was very good.

There are a few things to keep in mind though:

1) Parts are not always cheaper in China than in the US. Unless the part is actually manufactured in China it may be more expensive. Some varactor diodes by ONsemi were much more expensive than the local US price.
2) Many Chinese suppliers work on minimum quantities, either by $ value or pieces ordered. Some may quote a $50 order minimum but will only sell a minimum of 10 pieces. So if the part costs $8.00 you end up with much more than their stated $50 minimum order. So when you need small quantities that may be a problem. If you are into manufacturing it counts in your favor.
3) Dealing with many other Chinese suppliers you will find that most of them want payment by T/T transfer in advance. This means that your bank may charge you anything up to $45 for the money wire and some suppliers also charge you another $35 banking fee to cover their banks charges in China.
4) Many of them will also accept Western Union but paying this way is very risky with no guarantees.

The member “flypcb” proved to be very professional and I can recommend his services. I hope to do a lot more business with him in the future.

E-design

I forgot to add that he has good sources for obsolete components and can also make good recommendations to substitutes. So if you need a part to fix a old instrument or other piece of equipment it is worth giving him a try.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back