Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of printer is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What type of printer is better for printing High quality graphics ?

Xerox

Xerox I agree
but they are expensive!

its a subjective issue
if you want to print photos go for epson inkjet

Are you asking about type i.e. Dot Matrix, Inkjet, Laser or about company?

dipal_z said:
Are you asking about type i.e. Dot Matrix, Inkjet, Laser or about company?

I am asking about type of printer i.e. Dot Matrix, Inkjet, Laser. Specifying a company with type of printer shall be a great assist.

The printers arranged as per quality are

1. Dot Matrix: Poor quality, sutable for printing invoices, and text based data, not really useful for graphics.
2. Inkjet: Medium, can print text and graphics with good details, sutiable for low volume printing like personal use or small office or as a supplementary printer.
3. LaserJet: Most advanced and provide high quality printer. Generally used in high volume applications like offices.

However all of them have suitable applications so all of them are still used and will be used in future.

Printers from HP are best as far as my experience goes in terms of cost, quality and customer service.

However in don matix best printers are form EPSON.

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dipal_z said:
3. LaserJet: Most advanced and provide high quality printer. Generally used in high volume applications like offices.

Is it suitable for printing high quality graphics?

Yes, they are supposed to be most advanced printers in all. However if you are looking for printing photographs or posters there are altogether different set of printers for that.

dipal_z said:
Yes, they are supposed to be most advanced printers in all. However if you are looking for printing photographs or posters there are altogether different set of printers for that.

May I know what those printers are.

For usual small size graphics/photos color laser printers have a really good quality level and nowadays they are not THAT expensive...

Now, if you talk about big sizes you'll probably need to jump into a plotter, but prices get a quantum leap...

Goto https://www.hp.com/ you can see the printers are grouped by there target audience, you can also find out all type of printers starting from printing an invoice to printing a latest poster of Hollywood movie.

in terms of photo printing, i suggest you look for epson printers...epson is currently producing 6 color printer, that is it has 6 cartridges for the secondary colors. also, epson printers is capable of bi-directional printing which is comparable to HP. Bi-directional printing is a printers ability to print faster with good quality print outs...

Hi Friend,

I suggest you Laser Printer of the HP.

Regardsm
Avinash.S.

for laser printer, i suggest hp, but for inkjet i'll choose epson..

I personally think that the printer you have choose is related to the quantity of print you make.

Of course colour laser printers had an excellent definition and durability of printed paper at a relatively low cost but the printer itself is not economic.

Ink-jet printer had a low acquire cost, a low cost of ink ( you can recharge easily catridge from yourself ), an eccellent definition of printed papers ( that one on photographic paper ) but a low durability of printed materials.

Definitely for a large amount of copy try a colour laser printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.