Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All ,

can any one please If its possible post any assembly code for controlling Digital Potentiometer (MCP4011) from pic18f family , or to explain how can i program it ,
i have seen the MCP4011 Datasheet , but i'm not sure how can i generate U/D and cs signals from the pic.

thanks ,

If you are using the pot for audio application than you d better off in using something like PGA231x, CS3310.

Hi abidr,

No, i'm not using the pot for audio application. i need to do simple thing , just to know how can i move the resistor up and down thats all i need. i will make this more clear i need to click on the pc (up) the rsistor value changes (increases) click (down) the rsistor value decreases .

thanks

Hi,
You can control the potentiometer as follows:
Connect the CS pin to a port pin and U/D pin to another port pin.

To Move Up the pot:

1. Make CS bit high
2. Make U/D bit high.
3. Make CS Low
4. Make U/D Low, NOP, U/D High ; the pot moves up by one step.
5 . Repeat Step 4 as many times, as possible to move/ as you want the pot to move up.
6. Make CS high and lock up the position

Now to Move Down the pot,

1. MAke CS bit high
2. Make U/D low
3. Make CS Low
4. Make U/D High, NOP, U/D Low ; the pot moves Down by one step.
5 . Repeat Step 4 as many times, as possible to move/ as you want the pot to move Down.
6. Make CS high and lock up the position

Note:The pot position is volatile and need to be set everytime on power on.

Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back