Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to play dat, rm, mp3 files on Ubuntu and add/remove applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

QMA

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i also want to know about how can i play dat, rm, mp3 files on ubuntu. i m not understanding how can i use add/remove applications. as i click on add/remove applications the window opens is different from the details of help instructions and images.

Ubuntu

run Synaptic and install gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg etc

Ubuntu

install win32codecs
you can also try vlc

Re: Ubuntu

Installing VLC is better. Otherwise, you can also install the KLite Mega Codec Pack for Linux. This gives you an additional player, Media Player Classic.

im using vlc and it is working fine

ubuntu is great Linux OS for me.

Hello,
Ubuntu is a open source operating system built around the Linux kernel.it is comprised of developers, programmers, testers, techwriters, documentation testers, translators, and most importantly, the people who use Ubuntu every day.

Hello,
Ubuntu is a open source operating system built around the Linux kernel.it is comprised of developers, programmers, testers, techwriters, documentation testers, translators, and most importantly, the people who use Ubuntu every day.

i am indian

good for u that u r indian

I think you should try the VLC. This is the best software to play every type of format.

to install vlc u always in internet access then only it will download vlc.deb package. then also u need to open a mp3 file in default ubuntu player and then need to search plugin it will automatically installed..

Install mplayer. If Ubuntu doesn't have pre-packaged mplayer then get the sources. Configure using --enable-gui --yasm=''
make , and make install.
I assumed you you know what mplayer is and you have development suit installed.

Then you have to download skins for the mplayer and install it by copying it. that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.