Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is DAC Specs realted to Reconstruction filter Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady205

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends..!

I have some doubt regarding the DAC followed by filter (Reconst. Filter), Does DAC specifications are related to Filter specifications..?

If not how can they be synchronized.?

I have the reconstruction filter specifications and i want to generate the A-verilog model of DAC to check the filter response, so how do i model the DAC specifications..?

Please guide me friends...!

Thanks in advance..

You typical assume that the DAC could be modelled by a zero order hold function. Or generate a stairwave.

In practice there are derivations that the rise/fall time are not zero. So the spectrum at higher frequencies to be filtered is little lower. But WC is zero order hold.

yeah..i'm using the zero order hold itself .....

i have the specifications for the filter which i need to design. but i also need the specifications of the corresponding DAC. i'm considering a switched capacitor filter of 8th order butterworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back