Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

System speed with 32bit or 16bit microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ednan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Plz tell me as soon as possible...

wat impact on the system speed if the microprocessor bus 32 bit local address bus and 16 bit local data bus...

Re: system speed

Speed is not strictly tied to data/address path widths: it is basically dependent by the clock frequency applied to the circuitry.
Maybe you are mixing speed with throughput.

Regards
Mowgli

No i just want to knw that wat imapct of data and adreess bus on microprocessor speed...if yes then how...

As far I know microprocessor speed is not directly related to data/address width: it depends from the internal architecture of the CPU.
A technique commonly used in modern CPU to increase speed is implementation of SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data): the same word is used to store the instruction opcode and and two or more data word (the operands) to be processed in a single clock cycle.
Hope this could be helpful to you at least as a hint to start a search on the Internet, or to stimulate the help of people involved with CPU design in this Forum.

Regards
Mowgli

Some MCU multiplex the address bus. eg 8051 address bus is only 8 bits wide and requires an external latch. This uses clock cycles and the net result is a mpu that divides the crystal frequency for internal use. Therefore address bus width can affect the speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back