Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt in image processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_s_s

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends
How can we give the input to the DCT? i heard that the image should be first converted in to some spatial coordinates using MATLAB. is that true?

If not pls tell me how to do

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

I dont understand ur question properly.generally in transform quantization techniques we split the image into 8*8 sub images & apply transform to each subimage.

hey its not always necesssary to divide the image into sub-images . we can directly apply certain transforms. isn't so?

HI Balaji,
Ok. How to divide the image in 8 * 8 sub image blocks and how can we apply transforms to them in matlab.

I am doing an FPGA implementation of DCT. Then how can i give the inputs to it to test whether the FPGA is working properly or not

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

hi.........
read the image in matlab using imread command....then it will store in a variable...then by using csvwrite command you can write data into a file....
for that first clear the basic of MATLAB(image processing tool box.....)
now you can use this data as input to the DCT block in VHDL or Verilog program ....whatever you are using... i have done some work on DCT.... if you would have any further problem then ask me freely

all the best

amit gangwar

hi amit,
Can u tell me wat work u done on DCT. Did u implemented it in hardware. Do u have any supporting docs or pdf on that DCT .

I have one more doubt. How can we know that the output of the DCT block are correct ones.

With reference to your answer, can we apply the DCT transform to the variable which contains the values of the image file in MATLAB and cross check with our DCT block? Is this transform is possible in MATLAB

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

i implemented DCT and IDCT on FPGA...
take DCT in VHDL and MATLAB and compare the result...
take ref doc from XILINX...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back