Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to broaden PIFA multiple band bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poey_wong

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pifa bandwidth

Hi all,

I have a problem on broaden all bandwidth (880-960MHz, 1710-1880MHz, 1850-1990MHz, 1920-2170MHz). I use stack method, where i have 4 patches calculate base on fc=c/4(L+W) formula, then i stack them 1 by 1 like staircase with shorting plate in btw. as a result i get 3 bands. however all those band are not wide enough to cover the service frequency in market.

Any1 has any idea?

Thank you!

hi,
Try to play on the width of the shortning pin, or on the position of the feed.

good luck

hi Alberich,

i have tried before the best result i can get is only max 80MHz (for DCS) and min 20MHz (GSM 900& UMTS), whatelse can i do?

Hi Poey,
You might want to tune the antenna to a lower impedance than 50 ohm, get a "small circle" on the Smith Chart, which you can than move to the 50 ohm with a simple matching circuit. It will probably work for only on frequency, unless if you are using multiple feeds for different frequencies.

Hi, Plz help me i have a many problem to design a PIFA antenna because i dont know a mathematic formula, help plz:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back