Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Error "Oscillator simulation failed to converge&quo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadegh.j

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ADS Error

Hi, What can I do about this error:

"Oscillator simulation failed to converge, The loop gain criteria was satisfied, but the final stage of the harmonic balance simulation failed to converge . You might try increasing one or more of the convergence tolerances (V_RELTOL,V_ABSTOL,I_RELTOL, ..._"

Where can I find all these and what do they mean?

By the way, I have not given a value to Ps during the design and no it gives a warning, is it important at all?

Thanks

ADS Error

It means your circuit is not tuned to frequency you are interested/specified in HB.
In this case you satisfy one criteria for oscillation that is loop gain >1 but you did not match the reactance & resistive part.

I have faced this error like thousand times. :)
You need to tune your circuit properly to satisfy negative resistance oscillator criteria.

ADS Error

it seems that the HB found the solution but the circuit need to be solved by other simulation parameters ,

try to change the solver to krylov solver ,

also it will be good to send the schematic here

so we can check it

khouly

Re: ADS Error

thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back