Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

layout of 10pF Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcdeepak

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
10pf capacitor

plz suggest me how to draw the layout of 10pF capacitor??

thank you

mos capacitor layout

personally speaking,I would like to use the fixed layout offered by foundry.At lesat you can refer to it.

10 pf capacitor

**broken link removed** is a good starter on the layout of a capacitor. Make sure you're using the right layers for your own process. Also, you should take a look to see if there is a capacitor layout in the libraries provided by your foundry.

capacitors 10pf

thanks for ur reply

i am doing SDL( schematic driven layout) of an mim capacitor.....but the capacitor layout is huge with w=100um and l=100um

is there any way to get a capacitor with less area??

how to construct a 10 pf capacitor

It depends on your design. If you want a smaller size, you will need lager unit capacitance value, which is determined by technology process. If your design doesn't care for the precision and parasitic of capacitors, you may use MOS capacitors.

layout mos capacitor

yes, MOS capacitor can get 4f/um2

10pf capacitor matantz

Hello,

I think the best solution is to use the layout of the capacitor given by the technology. When you have a big value you can divise the capacitor into 2 or 3 sub-capacitors.

Good Work.

capacitor layout

The best way to do a cap for your application will be ever technology dependent, and the more efficient one will come out from the list of availble components in your process... and that's it...

Then you can start discussing which is the most efficent layout technique to use for drawing it... if your circuit is not needing such a critical absolute value, you can just have a single big/huge cap. If not it will be (always) a good technique to split it down in smaller caps and use dummies surrounding them in order to get a better result.

how to identify 10pf capacitor

It is detemined by your design, the frequecny and the matching requirement etc.

area of 10pf capacitor

Firstly u need to decide about, wher the cap will be placed if one side is vgnd then nmos, if one side is vpwr then pmos or if both sides are varying then MIM cap will be better. Hope this helps.

10 pf cap

For the information:

I just developed a 32 channel chip with 70pF capacitor in each.
It seems work fine.
Process: 0.35 CMOS.

capacitance layout is huge

ed2000 said:
For the information:

I just developed a 32 channel chip with 70pF capacitor in each.
It seems work fine.
Process: 0.35 CMOS.

What about it's area ?

.10pf capacitor

i am doing SDL( schematic driven layout) of an mim capacitor.....but the capacitor layout is huge with w=100um and l=100um

Well how big is the rest of the circuit? How big is a bondpad? Sometimes designers do their best to squeeze down all caps. And then somebody decides that you should have two test pins anyway. Or a huge logo...

My idea: only worry about capacitors if your chip doesn't fit in the package.

But anyway, just look in the DE manual. And find out which caps are available. normal MOS caps tend to be non linear, and have huge paracitics. Some processes have nice linear area effective poly poly caps. If you have more metal layers you could sandwich all metal layers. But in some processes the gap between metals is not a control parameter, which means that it spreads. So trade off between area linearity and spread...

huge capacitor layout techniques

A stacked MIM capacitor will make the aera half, which consists of three metal layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back