Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make a plastic cover for my homemade equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeyang

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make plastic cover

Is there some cheap way to make plastic parts I can do at home?
A lot of people are making PCB etching at home. So I'm wondering whether cover can also be made. And what is the plastic-manufacturing 's production method.

Hope I can know something from you.

The world is flat now. If we can make all parts ,anything we want at home , then every one will have his own lab or design house. The problem is the price and pollution. Hope that day will come.

home made plastic cover

Hello, it easy, I always create cover at home.

I use acrylic plates 3mm and 5mm, cut it, drill it, bend it, and shape it using conventional home tools.

If acrylic is too hard, use other softer plastic plate.

To cut acrylic, use a cutter... cut it half and snap it. To drill it, use metal drill bit, to shape it use grinder or router, to bend it use heat gun.

spikeyang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can give a look at this milling machine:
**broken link removed**
It is pretty cheap, easy programmable and can be used to make simple plastic covers.

spikeyang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back