Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INcrease the frequency range for microstrip patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan6449

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
frequency range patch antenna

hi ..
i need to increase my frequency range..previously my design was for 1.8 to 2.4Ghz...now i need to increase the frequency to 1.8 to 2.6.my current design dual resonance microstrip patch antenna...i hope ...anybody can guide me..

regards

alan

microstrip patch antenna frequency

Try increasing the dielectric thickness. Adding parasitic elements (like a second patch above the first) also can increase the bandwidth.

my current design is stacked...

Re: INcrease the frequency range for microstrip patch antenn

The next time you ask of assistance I will expect a more complete description of your situation.

As Azulykit said it depends upon your specification.
Go thr Compact and Broad Band Microstrip Antennas by Kin-Lu-Wong.

sorry for incomplete description azulykit....im designing dual resonance microstrip patch antenna for 1.8 to 2.6Ghz...i designing using HFSS v10...im using stacked design and use air as substarte for both upper and lower patch...previously i alreday i achieved range from 1.8G to 2.3Ghz...now wanna to improved thedesign...my requirement is my dual resonance frequency in range 1.8 to 2.6Ghz is must below -14db...
any suggestion...

u help is really appreacite

regards

alan

That is possible. I have built stacked patches with wider bandwidth and s11 on the order of -15 dB.

The literature is full of reference material in the 35% bandwidth range. Look into TAP and MTT.

hi azulyzit...
can u give exact title paper...or if possible can attached the file or email me alan6449@yahoo.com
Tq very much for kindness

regards

alan

I wouldn't want to deprive you of the fun and learning you would obtain by searching on your own.

tqq very2 much ..for very wonderfull suguestion......

pl help
what is TAP and MTT as suggested above??

TAP_ transactions on antenna and propagation, IEEE
MTT_ microwave theory and techniques , IEEE

thank you Shahid78 :)

Re: microstrip patch antenna frequency

Try increasing the dielectric thickness. Adding parasitic elements (like a second patch above the first) also can increase the bandwidth.

sir,
good morning, can you share one example ?
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back