Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[CST] Why can't i simulate SRR structure with CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithjim

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
srr simulation cst

I tried to use CST to simulation a simple SRR structure in GHz. The scale followes the data from fig1 in ref.<Electromagnetic behaviour of left-handed materials>. But when the simulation begins, it always been aborted automatelly with the error:

the current settings will probably lead to a very long simulation time
you may improve the simulation speed by:
1. checking the frequency range and units settings
2. extending the simulation frequency range
3. checking the mesh to avoid very small mesh steps
error during construction of pre-conditioner. Not enough memory

I don't know what's the problem. Anyone could tell me ? Thx.

the attachment is the folder of the save results in RAR file.

cst srr simulation

First of all can u please upload the Fig from what u r simulating he book.
There are many potential errors in your simulation.
1)port 1 -50mm away from your structure
2) boundary condition are not right
3) the structure is neither coplanar fed nor microstip type.
4) There is no ground plane.

In addition u want to excite the structure plane wave or simple waveguide

Reactions: sarame

sarame

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
srr cst howto

Thx for your attention. The reference is not a book but a literature. I uploaded it in the new attachment.

can srr

Hi snkhan

1) the port's position is determined by the open (add space) boundary condition in the X axis. I know it is strange but don't know how to change it and what's the effect of the changing.
2) I don't understand the boundary condition very well. what i only know is that the wave vector should be along the x axis and the H component should penetrate the rings. Actually the SRRs structure should periodic arranged in the YZ plane. But I heard that under the boundary condition I settled the result should equal to the periodic array. I even try to use periodic condition but the error code occurs again :
waveguide port 1 touches periodic boundary! This is not supported by transient solver. pleasechange port definition or boundary condition.

because I 'm not a guy major in microwave i don't quite understand your last two replies. Could you please give me a detailed explanation?
THx and waiting for your reply again.

srr cst

See this simulation of SRR, i hope it might help u

cst simulation big structure

Received and understanding THx a lot

cst srr boundary

Hi snkhan,
I have thought about your design but I have some questions not quite clear:
1) if my structrue is an array of SRR, does your boundary condition works for my design? How to use the periodic or unit cell boundary condition for a simple model?
2) why did you divide the whole SRR line in two components?
3) there is a big cuboid contains both the components , what's its function?
Thanks & waiting for your reply.
Jianqiang Gu

cst not enough memory error

@Smithjim

1) Boundry condition depends strucuture but in my opinion in this case open space if better however u want to reduce the time then u can use the default setting using the coplanar templete in CST
2) My stuructre was re-simulation of a paper, Anyhow its because to enhance the band rejction offered by SSRR
3) i didnot understand what u mean ^.^

error during construction of pre-conditioner

smithjim,try use WGA method,it sooooooooooo easy in srr reflection phase figure plotting
regards

not enough memory cst 2008 error

I want to download iyt, but I have no enough point@

cst how to dicide waveguide port

I also want to download iyt, but I have no enough point

i really want to see snkhan's model but my CST is too old :(

Thanks for snkhan's advice. I have a problem like smithjim. I think that in snkhan's model is a co planar srr, but i want to simulate the mtm structure (periodic structure, because mtm will show negative mue and eps in the periodic structure) for check it properties. Could you give me a suggestion and an example in CST?
Thanks,

I also have the same problem, want to see the solution

Added after 6 minutes:

why so many SRRs do we have to construct?

Added after 2 minutes:

why so many SRRs do we have to construct, if the numbers of SRR are very big, how to do it? Can't we just construct only one unit cell?

any body can open these cst files? which version of cst are those simulation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back