Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opening HFSS v11 Files in HFSS v10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunai

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss v10 v11

I have a project (*.hfss file) that I have created in HFSS v11, but I get an error when trying to open it in HFSS v10.1. Is there anyway to go between the versions?

I have parameterized the model and want to retain all the variables.

It is my understanding that you cannot open and process ver 11 files with version 10. I suspect that the solution is to redraw and re-run the model in version 10. You can however go from ver 10 to ver 11.

Is there a file format that I can export the model to and retain the features like subtractions, combines, etc? For example, will the features be retained if I export it as something like a SM3 file and then import it into HFSS v10.

It's OK for me to lose the solutions, excitations, etc. I just want to preserve the model and the features used to make it.

I would think that Ansoft would like people using old versions to be able to use their models in the new versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back